RULES AND ELIGIBILTY
What is the Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide?
The Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide is both a printed directory and online giving portal that provides nonprofits the opportunity to gain exposure to - and start relationships with - new donors during a year-end giving season. During the Giving Season (November 29 - December 31, 2016), those passionate about the North Lake Tahoe community come together to raise as much money as possible for local nonprofits. The Giving Guide is presented by Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation and Sierra Sun, our local newspaper. All gifts will be received and administered by Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation. Gifts made through the Give Back Tahoe website will be delivered to the selected nonprofit(s) with a donor list within 30 days of the gift received.
For questions on eligibility, please contact [email protected]
When is the 2016 Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide?
The 2016 Giving Guide Giving Season will launch on November 29th, #GivingTuesday, to celebrate the international day of collective giving. Our community will continue to raise money until 11:59pm on December 31, 2016.
How do nonprofits participate?
Eligible nonprofits (see below) participate by registering through Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation's common grants application. Nonprofits may elect to simultaneously apply for the new consolidated grant cycle, or to register only for the 2016 Giving Guide. Further instructions can be found at www.ttcf.net.
Giving Guide Eligibility:
- Nonprofit organizations with a physical location/mailing address in North Lake Tahoe serving the communities in the Central Sierras Region including West and North Lake Shore, Donner Summit, Olympic Valley, Martis Valley, and Truckee who complete their registration through the common application on www.ttcf.net by August 31, 2016, at 5pm.
- Nonprofit organizations must provide more than 50% of their services in the communities listed above.
- Only verified 501c(3) status or organizations with a fiscal sponsor who is a 501c(3) may paricipate.
- The following organizations are not eligible: private foundations (operating and non-operating), foreign organizations, individuals, places of worship, and supporting organizations.
Giving Guide Donors & Gifts:
- A donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. For purposes of awarding challenge grant prizes, multiple donations from one donor to the same nonprofit will count as one "unique" gift.
- Organizations cannot donate to themselves.
- No donations via check, cash, or stock will be accepted.
- Donations may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor including dinner tickets, membership fees, golf fees, admission tickets, raffle tickets, event sponsorships or other gifts.
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide gifts should not be payments on existing pledges, payments for tuition, payments for event tickets, or tithing.
- Each gift is 100% tax-deductible and irrevocable.
- Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide gifts are considered unrestricted gifts to the nonprofit. A donor may express the desire that a gift be used for a specific program or project (in the notes field of the giving form), but it is the responsibility of the nonprofit to follow that instruction, not the responsibility of Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation.
- Secure donations for Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide are provided through KIMBIA to each donor entering their own credit card information directly on www.givebacktahoe.org. Any third party who enters credit card information on behalf of a donor, by their actions of entering any such credit card information on behalf of a donor, has signified their agreement with the Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide sponsoring organizations 1.) to assume all risk of loss and any liability associated with such transaction and 2.) to indemnify each of the sponsoring organizations of Give Back Tahoe Giving Guide against any and all risk of loss and any liability associated with such transaction.